It is a great opportunity for students from Uzbekistan to participate in the organising of the 2020 AFC U19 Championship, to contribute to one of the prestigious sport festivals in the continent.
There are several stages of the programme, including recruiting, selecting and training the volunteers in all 3 Host Cities, and finally organising their work during the event and appreciating their effort and dedication.
In total, there will be around 200 volunteers involved in the 2020 AFC U19 Championship. The volunteers will provide support in areas such as Media & Broadcasting, Hospitality, Language Services and Doping Control.
- Registration is open to everyone, regardless of the gender, ethnic background and physical ability, who are CURRENTLY LIVING in Tashkent city, Namangan and Tashkent regions.
- It is a plus if you are at least a second year university/college student when you apply.
- Candidates should be over 18 years-old. Volunteers wishing to participate at the 2020 AFC U19 Championship must be at least 18 years old by the 1st of January 2020.
- Previous volunteering experience will be an additional advantage;
- Great communication skills, prior experience of cross-cultural communication;
- Strong command of the English language (at least the upper intermediate level). A second foreign language (Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese) is an added advantage;
- Ability to work hard and comfortable with taking on additional responsibilities;
- Be a cheerful, dynamic person, living a healthy lifestyle, proficient in foreign languages, and with a wide range of professional skills.
- Volunteers will receive the following:
- Unique volunteer uniforms
- Free meals during shifts;
- Free use of LOC transportation;
- Priceless experience;
- New friends;
- Participant’s Diploma
The first step on your way is to register. The form takes about 10 minutes to fill in. You will need your passport and digital photo to upload to complete the form no later than 6 September 2020;
Then the selection process of the future volunteers will begin. First of all, the 2020 AFC U19 Championship Local Organising Committee (LOC) team will check the information provided by candidates and decide whether the candidates meet the criteria;
After that, the successful candidates will proceed further to the interview at the Uzbekistan Football Association located in Tashkent. The interviews will be either organised face-to-face or via Skype – for the candidates outside Tashkent;
All volunteer candidates for the 2020 AFC U19 Championship will be informed of their selection results no later than 15 September 2020.
Candidates who have successfully passed the selection process will be invited to the next stage: training. Training sessions will be organised at the Uzbekistan Football Association located in Tashkent. The details about the training sessions will be sent to the future volunteers via email or Telegram;
Upon the successful completion of all the training sessions, participants will be accredited to the 2020 AFC U19 Championship as volunteers.